ARC Review: TACET A MORTUIS by Amo Jones

May 11, 2018

Tacet a Mortuis by Amo Jones
Hail to the king, and watch him reign, this game was somewhat fun, until the finale came…

Now we’re here, with carnage and despair, and the only questions left to answer, are the ones that do not appear...

A king loses a war, and a swan sheds her wings, chaos collides with peace, as the crows begin to sing…

Enter if you dare, because I swear the end is near, but nothing is as it seems, and everything is so bare.

So what the f*ck is going on at Riverside,
I think, I think... everyone is about to die...

Available NOW: https://amzn.to/2rAiCeC


MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What in the hell did Amo Jones rain down on me? If I thought she had messed with my brain before with the two preceding books of the series, I hadn’t seen anything yet. Tacet a Mortuis pummeled me with its raw, gritty, and almost abrasive doses of harsh non-reality.

Throughout this story, I was confused, frustrated, at peace, and then aggravated all over again. While I got a lot of answers to my unasked questions, in the end I’m left with so many new questions. So imagine how happy I was when I got to the end and saw that a fourth book, Malum, will be coming out. I really hope it continues in the voices of Bishop and Madison because their story is most definitely not over. AND I’m not interested in reading from anyone else’s perspective.

Time to break it down without actually breaking it down. I’m not spoiling this story for anyone!

Madison
➺ kinda still wanted to push her head through some plated glass.
➺ still as immature and irrational as ever, however, I did see instances of her character growth so there’s hope for her yet.
➺ in reference to her immaturity, she continued to display poor decisions by doing wrong to Bishop because she felt wronged. She was the only wrong one IMO.
➺ the floetry was off at times. The characters would wax poetic about a topic at the most unbelievable moments. If you were fighting or running for your life, would you stop your partner and ask relationship questions? Oh Madison, you have no sense at times. "What did I do?" Yo, get out of the window. Why are you holding everyone up? You have no idea of the capabilities of the people after you yet you wanna stop and have a conversatio. How about you ask me what's up when we're NOT running to safety?
➺ it was great to see her get comfortable in her own skin and own the title of Silver Swan.
➺ loved her love for her family and friends. It made me like her more than ever before and I was crushed when her heart was irrevocably broken.
➺ I hope to see more of her evolution as a young woman in the book to come.

Bishop
➺ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for FINALLY giving us his POV.
➺ Bishop was just as reckless and dangerous as ever, however, his perspective showed his heart and I loved the sweetness that hid so well beneath his darkness.
➺ this dude still OWNED me. I honestly couldn’t’ get enough of him. Even when he did wrong, there was just something about him that always made him appealing.
➺ at last, I know that Bishop’s feelings for Madison were genuine. And the times where he could be gentle and sensitive to her only made me love him more.
➺ anyone else get all tingly whenever Bishop is covered in someone else’s blood?


The Rest
➺ there are so many side stories going on, especially with Nate and Tillie, but I still don’t want the story to be about them. I want resolution, but not through their eyes. More Bishop please*fingers crossed*
➺ I’m hoping for a resurrection. It’s possible, right? This is fiction. I’m hoping that a character that I really started to get to know to come back somehow. Make it happen!
➺ the entire Katsia part of this story is causing a lot of conflict in my brain and I’m looking forward to how it will develop and evolve.
➺ some parts didn't make any sense. It sometimes read like... you ever talk with someone and they tell you part of a story and leave the rest to the imagination or they continue the story in their head but think they're saying it out loud? That's what it felt like. Like part of the story still lived in the author's head and I was supposed to understand it from the clues that were given.

One thing I can always rely on when it comes to this author is a story full of surprises. I NEVER know where it’s going to lead me, if there’s going to even be a happy ending, and whether my heart will remain whole or in pieces. It’s a guaranteed mindfrack every time and I ain’t complaining.

Release: 05.14.2018 | Dark Romance | Dual POV - 1st person | Heat: 3.5 | The Elite King’s Club #3 | Review of The Silver Swan & The Broken Puppet

All views expressed are my own. 100% honest. 100% of the time!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!