ARC Review: IT'S COMPLICATED by Missy Johnson

December 14, 2017


They call him the Anaconda, and I'm pretty sure it isn’t because he likes snakes.

Nick Jenson is my neighbor. My hot, oh-so-sexy, very-well-equipped neighbor that I’d spend hours watching from the safety of my bedroom window.

I saw lots of things I probably shouldn’t have. Sometimes I’d touch myself, imagining it were his hands roaming over my body instead of my own. I had just one mission—to find out if the rumors were true.

Then one day, he caught me watching him.

I was mortified. I was prepared to quit college, move to another country, and live the rest of my life saying, “Nick who?” But, apparently, life had other ideas.

Because Nick? Well, he isn’t just my neighbor … He’s also my father’s best friend. If I thought things were difficult before, they were about to get a whole lot more complicated.

Oh, and those rumors? Holy fuck, were they true …

Get it today! http://amzn.to/2AYSD3Z


MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 "Ooh, it's so BIG!!" stars


What is it about stories about anacondas that I love so much? Yeah, I’m not talking about the snakes, people!! That anaconda was what drew me to the story but what developed between the characters is what kept me engrossed in this book.

Anna has heard ALL of the rumors. Her next-door neighbor Nick is packing more than salami in his pants. Then Anna witnesses it for herself when she spies him out of her window. But she can’t be thinking like this about Nick of all people, right? He’s not only the widowed single father of two, he’s her father’s best friend. What happens when her interest in him is finally reciprocated?

There wasn’t much plot beyond the lust-driven moments between Nick and Anna and that was fine with me. However, there was an added element of drama/suspense towards the end which I found unnecessary but I’m sure other readers will be entertained by it. Anna was awkward as all get out and Nick was self-confidence personified and somehow they worked. The overall focus was on Nick’s package and I’m glad the author didn’t deviate much from that. While this story wasn’t moving or thought-provoking, it was a win for me due to its simplicity.

Release Date: December 13, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Standalone - Book #1 of the Awkward Love series
Trope: age gap

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!