The Rapid Fire Book Tag

November 04, 2017

Hello my lovelies! I've never participated in a book tag but I came across this one when I took my nosiness to the internet. This particular challenge comes from what I found on the blog, Tomes with Tea. I encourage you to do this too!

Ok, so here are the questions:

1. eBook or physical books?
I've always been interested in collecting hard copies of anything I plan to or have read. But with the popularity of eBooks on the rise, I find that I usually purchase a copy before deciding on which book to add to my physical book shelves.

2. Paperback or hardcover?
I used to prefer hardcovers, simply because I thought that they would last longer. However, now I'm not such a stickler because not only are paperbacks lighter, they're also smaller so I can fit more onto my shelves ;)

3. Online or in-store book shopping?
I buy most of my books online, but nothing beats wandering through a bookstore and browsing and touching the options.

4. Trilogies or series?
I love series! The more books the merrier, especially when the series is about the same characters. I find it allows for further character development, for the plot to be well-rounded, and for the story to reach a satisfying conclusion.

5. Heroes or villains?
Is it bad that I love both? ðŸ™ˆ Even my heroes have to have a good dose of assholeism to make me happy.

6. A book you want everyone to read?
Anything from Sister Souljah. If you want some realism, you'll enjoy her books.

7. Recommend an underrated book?
Although Outlander by Diana Gabaldon is now a successful TV show, when I first started the series, NO ONE I knew had ever read it. Even now, many people who love the show still haven't read the series. Go figure!

8. The last book you finished?
This changes every day as I tend to read a book a day. The last one was A Cowboy For Christmas by Celia Aaron.

9. The last book you bought?
I actually bought several in one shot. One of them was Gun Shy by Lili St. Germain. You can check out the others when I get my book haul section up and running.

10. Weirdest thing you've ever used as a bookmark?
An elastic band.

11. Used books: yes or no?
I'm always on the hunt for gently used books at thrift shops. I've found a few that were even autographed to give out as gifts. So that would be a huge YES on used books.

12. Three favorite genres?
Thriller, romance, comics.

13. Borrow or buy?
I tend to buy new releases but I trust my local library with all things old. When I find an author I love, I tend to want to read their back list and the library is a useful tool to find it.

14. Characters or plot?
I can't choose. If a story has an interesting plot with dull or undeveloped characters, I can't enjoy it. Same goes if the characters are entertaining but the plot drones on. These two definitely go hand-in-hand for me.

15. Long or short books?
Long when I have time to dedicate to reading. Short when I have no time but still want to fit some reading in.

16. Long or short chapters?
I don't actually care how long or short a chapter is. As long as it makes sense when it transitions into the next chapter, I'm cool with it. Besides, I'm not one to care where I stop in a book for the day. When sleep calls, I'll stop mid-chapter ðŸ˜†

17. Name the first 3 books you think of.
What? How the heck am I supposed to do that? There are too many books!!

18. Books that made you laugh or cry?
Too many. I tend to laugh at anything that is inappropriate or at inappropriate moments, in real life and while reading books, so my opinion here wouldn't carry much weight. As for crying, I don't do that so my answer would have to be none.

19. Our world or fictional worlds?
Who would choose our world? The fictional world is the best because it has no limits. Imagination rules and good usually really does triumph over evil.

20. Audiobooks: yes or no?
I'm gonna be real honest here... I've never 'read' an audiobook! ðŸ™ˆ

21. Do you ever judge a book by it's cover?
Yup. If the cover is mediocre, chances are the story behind it is too. I know that's a horrible assumption, but if you take care with your cover, I'll believe that you took care of your words as well.

22. Book to movie or TV adaptations?
I don't have a preference here. I read a couple of books of the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin before GoT came out and I've loved the show. However, I read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon years ago and have no interest in watching the TV adaption.

When it comes to comics, I have an intense need to see how it plays out on the big screen. Anything by Marvel or DC have been watched by this girl.

23. Movie/TV show you preferred to this book?
I'm still thinking of this one. I usually prefer the book to the movie/TV show and can't remember an exception to this.

24. Series or standalones?
I'm good with either as long as the plot and the characters were well-developed. Also, don't call your book a standalone if in the end, the story isn't properly wrapped up. Arrrggghhh!




I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I challenge anyone who read this to do it too. I can't wait to see what you put.

Lots of love,
Natalie

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!