ARC Review: THE SEAL'S SECRET BABY by Lilly Holden

November 29, 2017

The Seal's Secret Baby by Lilly Holden
Some secrets ensure a person’s freedom.
Sophie’s secret ties her to me forever.

One day two years ago I buried a ghost, a man who had haunted me throughout my life.

That night two years ago I seized my one chance and shared my bed with the girl I’d secretly adored from the time we were kids. The woman I’d never dared hope would be mine.

She was too good, too pure.

I was hard, rough. A Navy SEAL. A killer.

All we had was a few stolen hours before life and family destroyed the fantasy.

Now I’ve returned to Spring Valley to sell my family home, the last step in breaking free of my past…until I find I’m nowhere near done.

Not with Sophie. Not with my past. And not with the secret she was desperate to hide from me.

But I’m not the only one who has unfinished business with Sophie.

I’ll need every one of my killer instincts to protect what is mine.

**The SEALs Secret Baby is a quick and naughty page turner involving an obsessed alpha hero, a sassy heroine, and enough insta-love and sizzling romantic suspense to melt your kindle. HEA and no cheating in this emotional tale.

Add to your TBR: http://bit.ly/2zzfvW5


MY REVIEW


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Smut-worthy stars

Short and sweet. Well, not just sweet, but also really hot. I liked how the author brought Deke and Soph back together. Soph had always loved Deke and he loved her, but he never felt that he was good enough. His home life was a nightmare and as soon as he could, he escaped, leaving everyone he loved and who loved him behind. I don’t know why I’m such a sucker for the secret baby trope, but I can’t help it when an author does it right. There was an added element of suspense that didn’t really work for this story, but it did give Deke a reason to be there so… Side characters were introduced and I can’t wait to see how they each achieve their own happy endings. Ryder ‘Hollywood’ is next!

Release Date: December 1, 2017
Genre: Erotica - Second chance romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Standalone novella

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!