Review: Closed Heart by Willa Thorne

August 19, 2017

Closed Heart by Willa Thorne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release - February 13, 2016
Genre - Erotic Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4.5 out of 5
Length - 307 pages

Jackson Rochester's stare pierces through Elyse Mendez's soul, stirring her wildest fantasies. She can’t deny her body’s response to him, but she can control her mind - and her mind is telling her that if Jackson knew the secret she's holding, that he would ruin her.

Jackson is intensely passionate and sinfully dirty. He's a billionaire playboy who has an eye for Elyse, a youth center volunteer, blogger, and college student. Her avoidance of him only makes him more determined to break down her walls - but after he strips her bare, will the cost of the truth be too much for even Jackson to handle?

This is a standalone novel with a HEA. It features characters from The Manhattan Tales series, but can be read completely on its own.

Find your copy of Closed Heart here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

First off, this book was INSANELY hot!! And when I say that… it really all boils down to how incredibly hot Jackson Rochester was.


I know this was supposed to be the grand tale of how Jackson and Elyse found love together, but in all honesty, half the time I forgot her name. She was like a side character to me. This was the Jackson show and I’d like to thank her for coming. Seriously. This man controlled, dominated, and manipulated center stage for this story and he was the only point of focus for me.


Yes, there is more than just sex to this story. It held plenty of depth and heartbreaking bits. Even the secrets were intense. And it all had to do with Jackson. Even Elyse’s angst had everything to do with him. It felt like she would have no purpose in life if it weren’t for him. I’m sure that’s not true, but… he was the end all and be all of this story. I don’t know how else to make this clear. This is not the first book I’ve read from Willa Thorne and it still isn’t the last. She constantly finds ways to capture my attention and have me falling in love, over and over again, with her dominant, alpha, and surprisingly beautiful-hearted heroes.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!