Review: Big Shot by Kim Karr

July 26, 2017

Big Shot by Kim Karr
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone - Sexy Jerk World #2
Release - July 27, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Second Chance Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 270 pages

Ten years ago I had no idea what I wanted out of life, until I met Hannah Michaels. She was a computer-engineering student ready to conquer the social media world, and I was smitten. Even though I knew she was taken, I had to have her.

Being the big shot that I was, I didn’t let her status stand in my way. It wasn’t long before my hands were on her thighs and my name a whisper on her lips. This smart, sexy girl inspired me to greatness, helped me grow into the kind of man I never knew I wanted to be. The man I am today.

Too bad I hadn’t grown fast enough to keep her.

Moving on wasn’t easy, but I knew I had to let her go. Eventually, I found someone to share my days and nights with, and together we had a daughter. My life was nearly perfect until my world turned upside down.

A single father has challenges, and one of those is learning how to calmly deal with your child coming home in tears. I had no idea the day I pounded on my daughter’s classmate’s door, Hannah would be the one standing on the other side.

The wild, burning desire that roared through my veins was unwanted, and yet impossible to ignore. Letting her in meant so much more this time around. Guilt hit me like a hammer. I hated myself. I hated her. The problem was I really didn’t hate her—I wanted her more than ever.

But this time around I can’t have her.

This time it’s my status that stands in our way. And going up against myself just might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Find your copy of Big Shot here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

Ever since I read Sexy Jerk and found out about the threesome between Jace, Ethan and Fiona, I HAD to know more. Oh wait… did you miss that? The author gave us quite a dirty surprise. I had to know if there was any awkwardness between the friends once that detour ended. I had to know if the author would reveal how truly hot it was (she didn’t lol). And I had to know how Jace moved on. Big Shot gave me that.

Jace is a single dad still in limbo after the loss of his wife. I’m still not sure how she died, but I do know we never really meet her other than in flashbacks or memories. After his daughter’s first day of kindergarten, she comes home crying because a boy said something mean to her. Not willing to take it lying down, Jace decides to confront the boy’s parent about his bullying. When he rings their doorbell, not in a million years does he expect his first love, Hannah, to be the one to open the door.

Hannah and Jace met at a frat party and had an instant connection. Unfortunately, they never exchanged contact info and couldn’t find each other. Weeks passed by and Hannah didn’t see him around campus and her small circle of friends didn’t know him. She then met Ethan and they started dating. One day she went to his house and… surprise surprise… Jace is not only Ethan’s best friend, but his roommate. Sparks started flying everywhere, but out of respect for Ethan, these two didn’t try anything. That didn’t stop them from catching feelings and pretty soon they were in love. They convinced Ethan to want a threesome so that they could be together in some way and hot times ensued. As luck would have it though, one of Jace’s secrets was revealed, Hannah felt betrayed and cut ties, and these love birds were over before they could begin.

Fast forward 10 years and we’re back with Hannah being a divorced single mom. These two had babies… with other people!! I felt like it was so unfair :( Hannah ends up working at Jace’s company and the chemistry between these two could not be denied. However, Jace had so much guilt warping his feelings and couldn’t give himself to Hannah 100%, which quite frankly broke my heart. The author really put my emotions through the wringer on this one. This story spoke to how we can have many loves in life, which doesn’t diminish or cheapen any of them on their own. It takes us on a journey of grief, guilt, friendship, nostalgia, ecstasy, and in the end a love that never died despite time, distance or circumstance.

“You’re not my before and you’re not after, Hannah, you’re my forever.”

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!