Review: Distraction by Emily Snow

April 29, 2017

Distraction by Emily Snow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release - April 22, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 361 pages

At the ripe old age of twenty-eight, Jamie Armstrong is sick of douchebags like the PA who told her she has an “ass made for screwing” on the first date. She wants commitment, and she’s got a list that she’s anxious to check off.
Love.
Marriage.
Baby (preferably twins, because two’s company).
Then she meets Mateo Bailon.
An attorney with a penchant for chains and kink, Mateo isn’t looking for commitment and he sure as hell doesn’t want marriage. Not again. He wants a distraction—a new way to forget his past—and Jamie’s his favorite kind of drug.
He just never counted on getting addicted.

Find your copy of Distraction here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

Covergasm!! That is one gorgeous specimen of a man and he got me in the right mind set to read all about Mateo Bailon!!

I was already intrigued by uber-sensual Mateo when I met him in Friction and I was beyond excited to find out that he was getting his very own story. He and Jamila (Jamie) lit up the pages with their chemistry and I couldn't get enough of them. This story was full of so much tension and I didn't even realize how tense I was until I finished reading and drew my first deep breath.

Jamie knows what she wants: love, marriage, babies, and the white picket fence to go along with them. That was not the life Mateo was after. He was offering a distraction, a little fun for her and a way to forget his past. Jamie was his greatest distraction yet.

I loved these characters. They were genuinely good people who fell for each other pretty quickly (as evidenced in the previous book), even if they constantly tried to fight their feelings. I only wish more time was spent on Mateo's pain. It obviously left a huge impact on him and gave definition to the man he became, but the way it was relayed failed to give his character the depth I expected. I had also hoped for more towards the end. Everything gets wrapped up with a neat little bow, but without getting to witness any of it, it didn't seem believable.

Overall I enjoyed this story and found it entertaining and I would recommend it anyone who is looking for a story chock full of sexual tension and emotional angst.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!