Review: Deathless by Anne Malcom

April 25, 2017

Deathless by Anne Malcom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Vein Chronicles #2
Release - April 25, 2017
Heroine POV - 1st person
Heat - 2 out of 5
Length - 417 pages
Review of book 1, Fatal Harmony

My life was never black and white.
Heck, it wasn’t even black, white and gray.
Lines were not drawn between good and evil, and if they were, I would have jumped those suckers for fun.
But now it was simpler. It wasn’t black and white. Or gray. It was only one thing.
Blood.
A crimson-tinted world. That was all I needed.
All I wanted.
Him.
Despite the war raging around us, or the secrets between us, there was nothing simpler than blood.
It didn’t matter that it would be fatal.
After all, it’s the things we’re not undead without that will kill us in the end.

Find your copy of Deathless here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

Phenomenal! It’s one word but I think it sums up how truly amazing this book was perfectly. Similar to the awesomeness that was FATAL HARMONY, Anne Malcom gave us more bang for our buck. Incredible characters (Isla and Thorne were still badass), interesting side characters you can’t help but want to know more about (who doesn’t love Duncan, Scott and Sophie?), surprising (and not so surprising) plot twists, and a whole lot more.

The author has such a compelling way of writing that pulls you into the story. It’s like watching a live-action film that you never want to end. Although Isla drove me up the wall (I wasn’t shocked by this), I couldn’t wait to see what she would say or do next. Or what would happen to her because it seemed like home girl couldn’t catch a break.
”I’ll not make any promises, mostly since I never make promises because I don’t like present Isla making future Isla’s decisions for her. I find it rude.”

Honestly I don’t know what else to tell you without revealing too much. If you love a story that has well-developed characters, descriptive world building, an intricately detailed plot, full of vamps, slayers, demons, witches and wolves, then start THE VEIN CHRONICLES series. It’s all that and so much more.
”If evil is your heart, your soul, then I’m evil too, baby. And no fuckin’ way is it wretched. Even if it is, your wretched heart is mine forever. And my wretched heart is yours.”

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!