Review: Checkmate: This is Reckless by Kennedy Fox

April 12, 2017

Checkmate: This is Reckless by Kennedy Fox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Checkmate #3
Release - February 28, 2017
Genre - Contemporary Friends to Lovers Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 3.5 out of 5
Length - 404 pages

Drew Fisher is the type of guy every girl wants.
Noble police officer by day, charming prince by night.
He has no idea the effect he has on women, especially me--his little sister's best friend.
I'm the blonde Southern belle who lives up to the cliché, except I have my own quirks. I'm smart as a whip, can change my own oil, and recite The Pledge of Allegiance backward, but he doesn't see that girl.

It'd be easier to forget him if he wasn't my roommate and if the first thing I saw in the morning wasn't his shirtless body covered in tattoos. I've crushed on him since the day we met, but he's made it perfectly clear where we stand. Just friends.

I know I need to move on and accept that his feelings will never be mutual, but every day he smiles at me, I'm left dreaming of what if.
He has girl issues, and I've got a crush I can't deny.
We're friends, but I want more.

One drunken hookup leaves us with much more than a platonic friendship. Pretending it never happened proves to be more difficult than anticipated.

A crazy ex-girlfriend, a dangerous war of stolen glances, and passionate kisses leads to the most reckless battle yet. I won't be a pawn in his game, but I'll play by his rules if it will show him I'm the one worth breaking them for.

Checkmate, Prince Charming.

*Recommend for ages 18+ due to sexual content and adult language.*
**This is book 1 of 2 in the Checkmate Duet Series--a friends to lovers romance. Highly recommended to read the Checkmate Duet, This is War and This is Love first, but not necessary. This can read as a standalone duet.**

Find Checkmate: This is Reckless here:
Goodreads | Amazon

MY REVIEW

4.25 "I Ship Drewtney" stars!!

First things first... how has no one killed Mia?


No seriously. I can't understand how Drew is still with this chick. How??? And why hasn't everyone else conspired to execute her azz and dispose of the body? They need to get on that stat!!


Courtney's been in love with Drew for years. Too bad he's got her firmly in the friend zone. They're best friends and that's all there is to it. Until there's more. All it took was one night. A night of hot and intense passion. Suddenly Drew is finally able to let his past go and see what, or who, is right in front of him. But what happens when his past won't let him go?


This particular book ends on a huge cliffy. If you're anything like me, you'll be eager to get your hands on the next book. You better believe I'll be one-clicking when that book releases. I have to know what the heck happens next!

Again, I loved the banter, the injections of humor, the chemistry between the main characters, the way the authors worked me up with the drama and angst, and I can't wait to see what they pull out of their collective minds for the next one ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!