Review: The Bandit by B.B. Reid

April 30, 2017

The Bandit by BB Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Stolen Duet #1
Release - November 1, 2016
Genre - Dark Romance
Dual POV - 1st person
Heat - 4 out of 5
Length - 464 pages

A missing legacy, a stolen son, and one dangerous secret changed everything for them...

SHE STOLE MY PROPERTY

I'll never forget the night I caught her sneaking around my place. She thought she could steal from me and get away with it, but I have no intention of letting her get away at all. Mian Ross has a lesson to learn, and I'm going to be the one to teach it to her.

HE STOLE MY SON

I'll never forget the night I made the second biggest mistake of my life. It was supposed to be a simple job, but it quickly became so much more--one that cost my freedom and cost my son. Angel Knight became my worst nightmare... and now, he'll never let us go.

Find your copy of The Bandit here:
Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


MY REVIEW

I fell in love with B.B. Reid's writing when I started her Broken Love series and decided that there was no finer bully (and I mean F-I-N-E) than Keiran. I've got to say that although Angel was a different breed of bully, he gave Keiran a run for his money and I loved him just the same.

Mian was a 19-year old single mother who got kicked out by her God-fearing aunt and uncle when she got knocked up after being raped. She was on her last days of food and had no means with which to support herself when she turned to her daddy, who just happened to be in prison for murdering his best friend. He reluctantly sent her to the house where his last "job" would have taken place. He neglected to mention it was the house of the man whose father he killed. This was the impetus for the entire story and oh what a twisted story it was.

I loved the plot. Even though I got lost and confused sometimes trying to understand the whole "knight" and "bandit" thing, it was no less intriguing. I was dying to figure things out and kept being disappointed that I wasn't several steps ahead. The author truly kept me in suspense!

I floved Angel. I really couldn't get enough of this man. He was obsessive, possessive, sadistic, messed up, devious, manipulative, freaking sexy AF, etc. He was who drove this story in my humble opinion. As much as this was about Mian, it was Angel's character that encouraged me to continue reading and to end up loving this book.

Shoot me now... but... I didn't like Mian. Nope. No. I really, really didn't. I didn't hate the girl, but... if she were to bow out of the story for some reason, I'd only miss her for Angel's sake. Call me crazy, but I didn't like the way she treated him. I felt she handled things with a lack of maturity. She was the same spoiled little itchbay that I saw in all of those flashbacks. She had no redeeming moments or qualities. There wasn't a time when I thought "Ah ha! What a wonderful human being she is!" Didn't happen. Ever. I hated her games. I hated her lack of logic. I hated her missing reasoning skills. I hated her lack of humanity. She loves him, she hates him, she loves him, she hurts him, she loves him, she tries to kill him... I hated much but I didn't hate her. Yet. I'm holding out hope that she stops doing this stupid ish in Book 2. I'm crossing my fingers and my toes. Because the fact that she refuses to see things from his perspective at all is pissing me off!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!