Review: Stadium of Lights by Tia Lewis

January 02, 2017

Stadium of Lights by Tia Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Standalone
Release: September 19, 2016
Length: 242 pages

He can’t help claiming her. But can he love her?

Max Anderson enjoys all the perks of being a star NFL quarterback―including the women. He has no intention of changing his carefree, hard-loving lifestyle … until a twist of fate reunites him with the girl he knew growing up.

Abby Morrison has worked hard to become a physical therapist. She knows she needs to keep things professional with Max―but the truth is, she’s always loved him. Back then, she hid it. Now, it’s not so easy.

As they rekindle their friendship, the heat between them is impossible to ignore. Soon it flares out of control, and the fallout threatens to ruin everything. Can they salvage a future together ... or will the consequences wreck their lives?

Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


My Review

Tia Lewis thoroughly entertained me with this book. It was the first work I've read from her but it won't be the last. I've always had a strange fascination with sports romances. It could be because I have a slight obsession with athletic hunks *wink*. What I liked about this one is that it didn't follow the usual formula. It was one part sports, but it wasn't bogged down with sports trivia. It was one part the friends-to-lovers trope, which is always a favourite. It also had plenty of angst and drama and steam. These were the elements that kept me glued to the story.

Abby and Max were best friends growing up, but haven't seen or spoken to each other in 10 years. Max is now a star NFL quarterback and Abby is a successful physiotherapist. They try to rekindle their friendship, but past feelings, bad behaviour and miscommunication keep getting in their way.

Max was an a-hole. Seriously. I wanted to hit him upside the head so many times. He was cocky, arrogant and had a one-track mind. I didn't hate him but his actions and most of his inner thoughts didn't convince me to like him either. I will say that this character finally started to really thaw me out at the 90% mark. That's not to say I wasn't enjoying myself until then. When you read the book, you'll see why he frustrated me so much. I guess you can call it a love/hate relationship because at the same time he was incredibly hot! Oh, and lets not discount Abby's insecurities. She suffers from ugly duckling syndrome and fails to see and appreciate her own beauty. The fact that Max was an a-hole didn't help matters either.

This story was sexy and sassy and I recommend it to all lovers of romance.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!