Review: Behind the Hands That Kill by J.A. Redmerski

January 02, 2017

Behind the Hands That Kill by JA Redmerski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
In the Company of Killers #6
Release: May 7, 2016
Length: 246 pages

Even professional killers need vacations, but for Victor Faust, his vacation in Venezuela is about more than relaxation and time alone with Izabel Seyfried. It is a chance for him to come clean to Izabel: to tell her the truth about why he sent her to Italy with his brother, the truth behind his interest in Nora Kessler, and about his knowledge of Izabel’s child with her former captor. But before Victor can spill his soul, reality proves that for some killers, vacations are just pipe-dreams.

Attacked and kidnapped, Izabel finds herself stuffed in a suitcase, while Victor later wakes up imprisoned in a cage. In any other situation, Victor would find a way out and save himself and the woman he loves—but not this time. When the identities of their kidnappers are revealed, Victor loses all hope, and begins the mental process of accepting his and Izabel’s last moments together. And Izabel’s final moments of life.

As if his circumstances are not complicated enough, members of Vonnegut’s Order are finally closing in on Victor. And when they do, he comes face-to-face with someone else he once knew and loved, who could either help him, or make a grave situation much worse. Victor’s past has finally caught up with him: the women he has cared for, loved, and killed; the families he has destroyed; the unforgivable crimes he has committed. And now he must face the consequences, and pay the ultimate price for absolution.

But when it is all over, Victor may not have the strength to pick up what is left and move on. Because the event changes him. Because love changed him. And because, unlike before when he thought it is was for the best, he cannot imagine a life without Izabel in it.

Goodreads | Amazon


My Review

Killing Sarai - ★★★★☆
Reviving Izabel - ★★★★★
The Swan & The Jackal - ★★★★★
Seeds of Iniquity - ★★★★☆
The Black Wolf - ★★★★★

No no no no no!!!!

wtf

I apologize for the swearing gif ^^^^^^ but I had to. How could Redmerski do me like this??? This volume was just as thrilling and suspenseful as the others, but it was HORRIFIC!! It was like watching a freaking train wreck and I couldn't look away.

I still love Victor. I do. I think it's because the author led me to understand more about him and his reasoning. I really struggled right along with him throughout the story. And I loved how much he truly loved Izabel. So despite all that was revealed about his past actions, I'm still optimistic about his and Izzy's future together.

Because of the incredible revelations of this volume, The Order will be operating a bit differently and I for one cannot wait to see what the author has created for book 7.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!