Review: ReCAP by Danielle Pearl

January 01, 2017

ReCap by Danielle Pearl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Something More #1.5
Release: December 13, 2014
Length: 143 pages

You already heard the story. The one of how Rory and I fell in love, supposedly, even if she couldn't handle it in the end. You know how it all went.

Or you think you do.

You only know her side. But I have my own point of view, and even Rory couldn't know my thoughts in those few months it took for her to go from being a stranger to my whole entire world.

Every moment is permanently ingrained in my memory. In my goddamned soul. From the moment I stumbled upon the girl panicking outside of calculus - the one with the tight little body, the angelic face, and the fierce attitude - to the night she abandoned me in Miami. It was the sum of those moments that changed me irrevocably.

Our story isn't over. I won't let it be. But this, this is what happened so far, the way I saw it.

I'm Cap. Or Sam, to Rory. And this is my story.

Goodreads | Amazon


My Review

Normal - ★★★★☆

I'm always a little leery about reading "his" side of the story books. And then I saw that this book was actually titled Recap so I obviously approached it with caution. Thankfully, I had nothing to worry about. Although there were some scenes that were repeated from the first book, it was done in a fresh, new way, giving the reader a chance to really understand Sam's perspective.

I absolutely loved seeing Sam's POV. I cannot even explain how much I appreciated it. And how much it made me love this character even more. I loved how he saw Rory, how he viewed himself, the lengths he was willing to go to in order to have her in his life, his feelings,... everything!

Still waiting for Robin to fall hard. Preferably breaking his face.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!